September 10, 2021
9:00 am to 12:30 pm
Mohawk 4 Ice Centre
710 Mountain Brow Blvd.
In honour of World Suicide Prevention Day 2021, CMHA Hamilton is facilitating a LivingWorks safeTALK session for community members at a reduced rate.
safeTALK is a half-day alertness workshop that prepares anyone over the age of 15, regardless of prior experience or training, to become a suicide-alert helper.
- Location: 710 Mountain Brow Blvd, Hamilton, ON L8T 5A9 (Mohawk 4 Ice Centre- Community Room)
- Date: Friday, September 10, 2021
- Time: 9:00AM – 12:30PM (EST)
- Cost: $30 (plus Eventbrite administration fee – $32.84 total)
- Link to register: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/168739561571
Please note that the training will begin promptly at 9:00AM. Please arrive between 8:30 and 8:50AM to sign-in and go through COVID-19 screening protocols.
Most people with thoughts of suicide don’t truly want to die, but are struggling with the pain in their lives. Through their words and actions, they invite help to stay alive. safeTALK-trained helpers can recognize these invitations and take action by connecting them with life-saving intervention resources.